Spring into April!
Just one more month, and this semester is over! You’re almost there! We have some awesome events coming up this month, such as our Earth Day barbecue on April 18. Come out and celebrate with barbecue, tie-dye, and a dip in the pool! To close out the month, we’ll have finals supplies in the office, so you’ll have one less thing to worry about. Good luck!
— From Your Northgate Staff
- It’s getting warm outside, which means your AC will have to work a bit harder. Keep the temperature set between 74–78 degrees to limit any utility overages.
- With finals coming up, remember to be conscious of your neighbors and abide by the quiet hours: Sunday–Thursday from 10 p.m.–8 a.m., and Friday–Saturday from midnight–9 a.m.
- Please remember that pets that haven’t been approved through the office are not allowed on the property! If you have any questions about possibly bringing a pet, please contact the office.
- Come to the office if you have any issues, and we’ll be happy to put in a work order for you.
Reminders & Updates
With finals coming up, we wanted to share some study tips:
- Everyone has their own idea about the best place and time to study. Whether it’s your bedroom at night or the library after school, find a study space and a regular study time that work for you and stick with them.
- If you study a little bit every day, you’ll be continually reviewing things in your mind. This helps you understand things. It also helps you avoid the stress of last-minute cramming.
- Make to-do lists to break tasks down into manageable chunks. At the start of the week, make a list of the things you need to have done by the end of the week. Make a to-do list at the start of each study session, too, so you’re clear about what you need to be doing with your time.
Lock Down That Internship with the Right Tools
In the coming months, universities across the nation will be partnering with businesses to fill internships for the summer and fall semesters. Internships are a great way to fast-track your career and gain valuable experience in the field you’re interested in. Landing the perfect internship may not be the easiest journey, but if you’re equipped with the right tools, achieving that dream opportunity is within reach!
In a 2017 article, Forbes stated, “Resumes are the gateway into the interview, and into the job. The importance of a well-constructed resume cannot be overlooked.” When you’re applying for an internship with that dream company, having a killer resume will push you to the top of the list.
By choosing to live at a Campus Advantage community, you already have access to an arsenal of professional success tools. One that could be really useful is the resume critiquing tool in our Career Success Portal. To access the tool, just log on to CareerSuccessPortal.com!
Smash Tournament — Tuesday, April 2 from 6:30–7:30 p.m. — Join us in the clubhouse for a tournament of Mario proportions!
Waffle Wednesday — Wednesday, April 3 from 9–11 a.m. — Stop by the clubhouse for a hot breakfast before class! Brought to you, as always, by CA Grayce.
Glow-in-the-Dark Egg Hunt and Pool Party — Friday, April 5 from 7–9 p.m. — Come out to collect eggs with candy and other prizes in them, or just chill in the front pool!
Earth Day Seed Bombs — Monday, April 8 from 1:30–2:30 p.m. — Come to the memorial garden and create your very own Florida native seed bombs to throw where you want!
Pretzel Day — Tuesday, April 9 from 7–8 p.m. — It’s the best day of the year! Come to the clubhouse to unleash your inner Stanley and customize your pretzel with all of our delicious toppings!
DIY String Art — Thursday, April 11 from 7–8 p.m. — Come out to the clubhouse to make string art and meet one of our newest CAs!
Ice Cream Social — Monday, April 15 from noon–2 p.m. — Come to the clubhouse to cool down with some ice cream with one of our newest CAs!
Waffle Wednesday — Wednesday, April 17 from 9–11 a.m. — Stop by the clubhouse for a hot breakfast before class! Brought to you, as always, by CA Grayce.
D&D Easter Eggs-travaganza — Wednesday, April 17 from 6–9 p.m. — Come to the clubhouse and play a special Easter-themed Honey Heist with your fellow residents!
Earth Day BBQ — Thursday, April 18 from 2–5 p.m. — Come out to the front pool to take a break and celebrate Earth! We’ll have barbecue, T-shirt tie-dyeing, and cornhole!
Finals Supplies — April 24–27 — Come out to the leasing office for finals supplies!