Cruise into June
It’s June? Julying. It’s that time of the year again for our Annual Fish Fry! Swim like the fishes and eat them with us. Summer officially starts on June 21, and we’ll be ringing it in with a Tropical Pool Party! We’ll have fresh fruits to munch on and a stick to limbo under. Don’t miss out!
— From Your Northgate Staff
- It’s getting warm outside, which means your AC will have to work a bit harder. Keep the temperature set between 74–78 degrees to limit any utility overages.
- Remind your guests that their cars should be in the guest gravel lot in the back of the property after 8 p.m.
- Please remember that pets that haven’t been approved through the office are not allowed on the property! If you have any questions about possibly bringing a pet, please contact the office.
- Come to the office if you have any issues, and we’ll be happy to put in a work order for you.
Reminders & Updates
It’s officially summer, so here are some tips to beat the heat:
- Drink plenty of water — During the hot summer months, heat and sweat can leave your body dehydrated. A lack of water is harmful to your body and can also make you crave food when you’re not actually hungry.
- Exfoliate — Summer means an increase of dead skin cells, so it’s important to exfoliate your skin to keep it smooth and silky.
- Protect your glossy locks — If you’re planning on swimming a lot during the summer, it’s advisable to use anti-chlorine shampoo and conditioner to help neutralize the chlorine from your hair.
- Keep up your exercise regime — Instead of working out outside, take your exercise plan indoors. Join a gym, take up a step class, or gather a group of friends for an afternoon of exercise DVDs.
Summer Like a Local
Whether you’re going home or staying put for the summer, take advantage of all our community has to offer! Summers can be a great chance to enjoy the area in some new and different ways. With the hectic pace of school, many students miss out on opportunities to get involved and have fun in their local community during the academic year — it’s time to change that! From festivals to parks and local attractions, below are some ways you can summer like a local. As a bonus, most of them are either free or very affordable!
- Do something touristy
- Visit a farmers market
- Check out a local sporting event
- Visit your Chamber of Commerce website to find out about local attractions
- Find a calendar of nearby fairs and festivals
- Enjoy Fourth of July festivities and fireworks
- Hike or bike a nearby trail
- Volunteer with a local organization
- Have a picnic
- Go to an outdoor movie or concert
- Run or walk a local 5K
We’ll also be planning events and activities for you throughout the summer, and if you need ideas for other fun things to do in the area, please let us know. We have information on area resources and a local calendar of events on hand to give you plenty of options. Have a memorable and fun summer!
Father’s Day Matchup — All Month — Come to the office and match the Northgate CAs to their fathers. The closest matchup wins a prize!
Annual Fish Fry — Monday, June 3 from 6–9 p.m. — Come out to the front pool for our Annual Fish Fry! Enjoy our tasty food and refreshing pool!
Waffle Wednesday — Wednesday, June 5 from 9–11 a.m. — Whether you’re enjoying a morning in your PJs or stopping by before summer classes, CA Grayce will have waffles ready for you in the clubhouse.
World Environment Day — Thursday, June 6 from 7–9 p.m. — Come down to the clubhouse and learn how you can become an advocate for our environment by decorating a reusable shopping bag and helping reduce the need for plastics.
National Doughnut Day — Monday, June 10 from noon–2 p.m. — Come down to the clubhouse to celebrate National Doughnut Day. There will be a plethora of doughnuts for you to choose from!
D&D — Thursday, June 13 from 6–9 p.m. — Come down to the clubhouse for our wackiest adventure yet! New players are more than welcome.
Piña Coladas by the Pool — Friday, June 14 from 3–4:30 p.m. — Enjoy summer the right way by grabbing a freshly made piña colada by the front pool, floating on some floaties, and jamming out to the summer’s best hits.
Waffle Wednesday — Wednesday, June 19 from 9–11 a.m. — Whether you’re enjoying a morning in your PJs or stopping by before summer classes, CA Grayce will have waffles ready for you in the clubhouse.
Tropical Pool Party — Friday, June 21 from 2–5 p.m. — Come to the front pool and celebrate the beginning of summer with us! There will be fruit and popsicles to cool you down, and a limbo contest to heat it up.
DIY Coasters — Monday, June 24 from 7:30–8:30 p.m. — Come out to the clubhouse to make a set of custom coasters! Whether you need coffee table decorations or the perfect gift for a loved one, we’ll have all the supplies you need.
Bingo Night — Thursday, June 27 from 7–9 p.m. — Compete in our very own bingo game to win awesome prizes!